Thursday, December 20, 2007
Sexy girls` fights (photos)
Additional information about girl fight:
Girlfight is a 2000 drama film starring Michelle Rodriguez. It focuses on Diana Guzman, a troubled teen who decides to channel her aggression by training to become a boxer, despite the skepticism of both her abusive father and the prospective trainers in the male-dominated sport. Girlfight was the debut film of writer/director Karyn Kusama, as well as Rodriguez's breakout role.
The movie won the Director's Award the Grand Jury Prize (tied with Kenneth Lonergan's, . You Can Count on Me) at the 2000 Sundance Film Festival. It also won the Award of the Youth at the 2000 Cannes Film Festival.
Fight Girls :
Fight Girls by Oxygen original reality television:
Episode 1 - Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Air date June 12, 2007)
* Master Toddy chose Felice Herrig vs. Gina Reyes for the first fight.
* Gina Carano mentored Felice and Lisa King mentored Gina.
* Felice defeated Gina by unanimous decision after three rounds.
Episode 2 - Hungry Like The Wolf (Air date June 19, 2007)
* Master Toddy chose Dawn Boyd vs. Jeanine Jackson for the second fight.
* Gina Carano mentored Jeanine and Lisa King mentored Dawn.
* Dawn defeated Jeanine by unanimous decision after three rounds.
Episode 3 - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Air date June 26, 2007)
* Master Toddy chose Kerry Vera vs. Lisa Mills for the third fight.
* Gina Carano mentored Lisa and Lisa King mentored Kerry.
* Kerry's husband UFC fighter Brandon Vera stops by the house to help her train.
* Kerry defeated Lisa by unanimous decision after three rounds.
Episode 4 - Breaking Us In Two (Air date July 10, 2007)
* The result of a training exercise paired Ardra Fernandez Vs. Michelle Waterson as the forth fight.
* Gina Carano mentored Ardra and Lisa King mentored Michelle.
* Ardra defeated Michelle by unanimous decision after three rounds.
Episode 5 - Another One Bites The Dust (Air date July 17, 2007)
* The final fight between housemates by default is Jennifer Tate Vs. Miriam Nakamoto
* Gina Carano mentored Jennifer and Lisa King mentored Miriam
* Miriam defeated Jennifer by split decision after three rounds
Episode 6 - Revenge (Air date July 24, 2007)
* The 5 finalists train for their fight in Thailand
* Featured fights are Lisa King, Ariana Ramirez, and Kourtney
* Lisa and Ariana defeated their opponents.
* Felice and Ardra were chosen as the two to fight in Bangkok first
Episode 7 - Hurts So Good (Air date July 31, 2007)
* The 5 finalists, Lisa, Gina, & Master Toddy travel to Thailand.
* The girls are troubled with the target weight they were assigned.
* Felice, Ardra [T.K.O], Kerry[by K.O], & Miriam[by T.K.O] won their fights.
* Dawn lost her fight.
After The Show
* Ardra shared her victory with her daughter.
* Gina Reyes continues to teach Muay Thai to women in San Diego.
* Felice continues to train and aspires to be an actress.
* Dawn continues to train with Master Toddy in Las Vegas.
* Kerry continues to train with her husband in San Diego.
* Miriam is traveling back to Thailand to defend her world title.
* Felice landed the starting spot on a World Combat League Team.
Take ten beautiful girls, five grueling fights, one master Muay Thai trainer and unlimited perseverance and what do you get? -- Oxygen's newest reality series Fight Girls. Premiering Tuesday, June 12th at 10:30 pm*, Fight Girls chronicles ten tough female fighters who are out for the fight of their lives and attempt the impossible - to beat the best female fighters in the world in a battle for the World Muay Thai Championship. Trained by Muay Thai guru Master Toddy, a champion and Thai native, ten women fight for the opportunity to travel to Thailand and compete in the country's historic sport also known as Thai Boxing.
The eight one hour episodes place the women in Sin City where two girls battle in elimination fights in front of a live Las Vegas crowd each week determining who earns the right to fight in Thailand. Living together in a Vegas mansion, the fighters are put through extreme physical training but also the emotional challenges they deal with day to day. Within the seven week challenge, the girls experience everything from relationship break-ups, morale-busting injuries, roommate confrontations to wedding planning.
The series is based on the Fight Girls reality movie that aired on Oxygen last year in which Master Toddy hand-picked three women to compete in Thailand. The fighters, facing more than they anticipated, returned to the U.S. bloodied, battered and defeated. Two of the experienced fighters from the movie impart their wisdom to this season's fighters each week as they prepare for their elimination fights.
"The Fight Girls are ultimate Oxygen women - they kick butt and strive for their very best. We saw with the movie that courage, strength and resilience is what Fight Girls is all about," says Debby Beece, President of Programming & Marketing, Oxygen. "Now we have the chance to get a more in-depth look at these women and see that it's not just about the competition, but also about the turbulent journey it takes to get there."
Fight Girls gives an inside look into the rise of women who practice martial arts in the United States - with the numbers of frequent participants increasing 115% from 2002 to 2004 for women 18-24 years old.**
Fight Girls is executive produced by Scott Messick and Tom Weber of Mess Media. Their credits include Survivor, NASCAR Drivers: 360 and Pros vs. Joes. The series is managed by Senior Vice President Aaron Meyerson, Oxygen's SVP of Development and Production. Kristen Connolly Vadas, Oxygen's Vice President of Development West Coast, serves as the Executive in Charge.
Posted by glamcars at 9:11 AM